AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Friday, September 29, 2006

Ride The Lightning


Get this video and more at MySpace.com

Lightning is one of the most interesting and difficult subjects to capture. You might fire of 57 frames before you even get one strike...thank goodness for digital!!

This was one of the best storms I have yet to capture. While I would love to find a great vantage point (overlooking the city/lake/scenic vista) from which to shoot incoming storms, most of the time I just pop outside into our backyard.

The backyard lightning photographer is obviously also limited to the direction from which he can shoot...at least shoot and remain dry. I'm usually hunkered down underneath the awning on our porch.

Timing is also a key element. Most of the storms in Texas are here and done before you even know what hit you. So while the rewards aren't spectacular, I think I'll just remain in my convenient and relatively safe corner of my backyard :)

Now we just need another storm!!

<>TIM<>






Google












3 comments:

Tim's Digital Darkroom said...

Thanks! It was either take pics or fly a kite but I chose the former and came away with a few nice ones :)

Bulbboy said...

With a title like that you really should have music by Metallica to go along with it.
:D

Tim's Digital Darkroom said...

Indeed Bulbboy!

That was in fact what I was thinking about when I used that title...maybe I could find a little RTL midi file for background music :)