AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Monday, October 02, 2006

♫♫ Club Pics: Flash is for LOOzers ♫♫

One of my new activities is shooting live music here in Austin.

Austin (TX) claims to be the live music capital of the world. Which as far as I know, could very well be true as on any given night you might be able to find music in over 100 clubs on the famed 6th street.

Do I get paid? No.
Is it fun? Yes!






♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

These are a few of the early ones. Most of the time it's small local acts or relatively unknown acts from out of town. BUT, I have done a few you might have heard of:

  • The Used
  • Watch Them Die
  • Ian Moore
  • In Flames
  • The Sword
  • 311

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

And of course the key to any good live music picture in my opinion, is being able to take it without using the flash.

Why?

  1. Flash just washes everything out!
  2. Makes it too bright!
  3. Blows away the colors of the stage lighting!
  4. Is DIStracting for the concert goers!

And with the bigger acts you aren't even allowed to use the flash in the first place so I've always taken all of my pics without flash and I'd stack mine against the hot harsh flash versions any day :)






Google












No comments: