AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Friday, October 06, 2006

ΤΦΦthpicks, are you ready for your close-up??

When was the last time you looked at a toothpick and said, "hey - I wonder what this would look like if I painted it and photographed it?"

That was me a few months ago and this is the result.









Just ordinary common household toothpicks, painted with food coloring, and photographed using my 'super-macro' setup. Where I take my 105mm macro lens, attach it to my camera, add a macro reversing ring to the end of the macro lens, and then attach my 50mm lens to the reversing ring (so the 50mm lens is facing the ring and is mounted backwards).

All of the images here are the same, just different depths of field used.

The amazing thing was I never in a million years expected this type of result, where the color fades and bleeds away such that it does.

So know you know, not only are toothpicks extremely useful - they can be turned into art!!!

~TIM~






Google

















4 comments:

Ken (EnvironmentalChemistry.com) said...

Wow that is pretty awesome. I take it these pictures were all taken looking at the tip of the toothpicks?

Tim's Digital Darkroom said...

Thanks Ken.

Sorry.
Yep, you are correct looking head on into the tips all of them.

<>TIM<>

Bulbboy said...

Pretty cool. They remind me of Comets in space.

Tim's Digital Darkroom said...

Comets in space, that's pretty good.

Of course they could be match heads streaking by at 37mph :)